During the senior year, students in the Human Relations Administration major and the Human Services Clinical Services concentration spend a full semester doing a ten‐credit field experience in a community setting where they function as much like entry level staff members as possible. Every effort is made to place the student intern in an agency which serves clients who are coping with stressful life experiences that fall within the student’s area of interest. Students also enroll concurrently in a two credit-internship seminar.
Examples of field settings are: Exceptional Care for Children, Delaware Center for Justice, Office of the Child Advocate, AIDS Delaware, New Castle County Head Start Program, Ronald McDonald House, the Communities in Schools program, Children and Families First, as well as a range of school based programs.
HDFS Internship Database (Login required)
Helpful resources for student interns and supervisors:
Internship forms and assignments:
- Human Services Field Placement Information
- Bi-Weekly Report A: Reflection
- Bi-Weekly Report B: Time Sheet
- Agency Evaluation Form
- Fax Cover Sheet
- Human Services Internship Eligibility Form (F11-F16 catalogs)
- Human Services Internship Eligibility Form (F17 catalog)
- Human Relations Administration Internship Eligibility Form (F18 catalog)
- Initial Report