Human Development and Family Sciences
Tau Upsilon Alpha
National Organization for Human Services Honor Society
The mission of Tau Upsilon Alpha National Organization for Human Services Honor Society is to honor academic excellence; to foster lifelong learning, leadership and development; and to promote excellence in service to humanity.
The idea for a National Human Services Honor Society originated from discussions held during the NOHS Conference in East Brunswick, New Jersey. In November 2006, the NOHS Board of Directors approved the establishment of a National Honor Society. In order to launch the Society, volunteers formed a Development Committee to craft bylaws and other procedures. The team mirrored the breadth and diversity of human services because it included students, faculty, administrators, and practitioners, with representation from all NOHS regions. The breadth and diversity of the team resulted in a comprehensive effort. Members focused on the creation of an honor society that would support its mission – to honor academic excellence; to foster life long learning, leadership and development; and to promote excellence in service to humanity.
- Membership pin & certificate
- Scholarships opportunities
- Experiences gained through local chapter activities are great for resume/vitae building
- Recognition as a member of an academic and professional honor society
- Lifetime membership
- Be a full time or part time student in Human Services (or closely related field within the social sciences); and
- Have maintained an overall grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students pursuing a Bachelor Degree must have completed at least the equivalent of 3 full-time semesters
- Students pursuing a Graduate Degree must have completed at least the equivalent of one full-time academic term.
Volunteer opportunities coming soon!
Events coming soon!
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need additional information about TUA.