Kappa Omicron Nu
Omicron Alpha Upsilon Chapter
Kappa Omicron Nu (KON) is the leading honor society for students in the human sciences field. Established in 1990 by the consolidation of Kappa Omicron Phi and Omicron Nu, our mission has remained the same: to promote the next generation of leaders through excellence in scholarship and research in the human sciences. KON is all about fostering lifelong opportunities for professional and personal growth through networking, education, and service.
University of Delaware Chapter: Omicron Alpha Upsilon
KON chapters are located in colleges and universities that offer strong human sciences programs. Members of the University of Delaware chapter are committed to professional advancement, serving others, researching, and developing robust networks. Our chapter community continues to create opportunities for members to develop lifelong growth in their professional and personal lives. Members participate in local and national activities to enhance leadership and management skills.
- Recognition of your hard work and dedication
- Scholarships, fellowships, and grants
- A national network of colleagues
- National leadership opportunities
- Community leadership opportunities
- Preference for federal jobs
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled full or part time in a degree granting program at a university with an active chapter of KON
- Undergraduates: Declared a major in one of the human sciences, completed 45 semester hours or equivalent, and rank in the top 25% of their class in the unit.
- Graduate students: Enrolled in a graduate program in one of the human sciences, completed 12 semester hours of graduate work or equivalent, and have a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Made a distinctive contribution to their profession
- Earned one or more degrees in a profession in the human sciences
- Undergraduate class rank in the top 25% or a 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale as a graduate student.
|Organization||Physical Address||Type of Activity|
|Food Bank of Delaware||222 Lake Dr., Newark, DE 19702||Group: Help with the farm, sorting and packing food|
|NewBark PawLooza 2021||1000 Barksdale Rd, Newark, DE 19711||Group: No description provided.|
|Harvest Festival||1000 Barksdale Rd, Newark, DE 19711||Group: Help vendors set up, directing people to various stations/crowd control, parking assistance, etc.|
|Ronald McDonald House of Delaware||1901 Rockland Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803||Group: Choice of cooking a meal, yardwork, cleaning, hosting a family activity, creating meal kits|
|Newark Senior Center||200 Whitechapel Dr, Newark, DE 19713||Individual: Choice of various activities|
|Early Learning Center||489 Wyoming Rd, Newark DE 19716||Individual: contact ELC for activities|
November 6, 2022, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. – Fall Initiation Ceremony
November 17, 2022, 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Fall Ice Cream Sundae Social – in ALS 220
Community Service Coordinator
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need additional information about KON.