Fall 2020 Academic Resources
Here are some commonly asked for resources:
- Updates related to Fall 2020 Return To Campus: Academics
- Tips for succeeding in online classes through Academic Enrichment including free drop-in tutoring for some classes
- Academic Calendar – all the academic dates and deadlines
- Transfer Credit info – find out what you need to do to get credits approved for transfer
- Breadth requirements – for the 2020/2021 catalog year (you may need to search for your specific catalog year)
- Restricted Electives in Human Services – list of pre-approved options
- Student Life Virtual Hub – for all resources related to student life office including career services, counseling services and more
New students: Please do not make schedule changes without speaking with an advisor first, but you can find course options on the Course search page
Current students: As you are making class changes for fall, if you are not sure if a certain class will fulfill a specific requirement, go to UDSIS and find the “What If Report” on the drop-down menu. Then click Create New Report and scroll to the bottom where it says “What-If Course List.” You can select the course you want and enter a fictitious grade (ideally C- or better, which is what is needed for major and university breadth requirements). Hit submit request and find the course in the degree audit that populates. If you do not see the course under a specific requirement, it may not satisfy it. Email me if you need clarification or attend the drop in hours.
Anything else might be on our HDFS Advisement page. If you still cannot find the answer you are looking for, then please feel free to email me or make an advising appointment but know that response time is slower than normal.
If you need advising help, see the information on the next page for drop in advising information and instructions on how to make an appointment with an advisor. We appreciate your patience as we work through all of your inquiries and trying to schedule everyone for appointments.
How to Speak with an Advisor
There are two ways to speak with an advisor in HDFS:
- Drop in Advising
- This advising does not require advance planning or scheduling but is based on a first-come, first-serve premise and you may have to wait in the “zoom waiting room” until an advisor is able to help you.
- Will be held on: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10-11am and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-2pm
- Additional times may be added during peak advising periods
- Join our Facebook Group: HDFS at UD, to learn more about availability including any cancelations we may have to make
- Access: https://udel.zoom.us/j/98085078515
- This requires you to request an appointment in advance.
- If your assigned advisor in UDSIS is Dr. Worden or Danielle Dolan, you can sign up for appointments through bluehensuccess.udel.edu. You can find them under “Virtual” for the location field.
- If you are assigned to the HDFS advisement center or another faculty member, please fill out the Appointment Request Form. Note that we cannot offer same day appointments through this scheduling format, so if you have a TRUE urgent question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com.
- You will be assigned a time to meet with an advisor virtually. Please do not skip this appointment time and check your UD email daily for the zoom information.