Fall 2021 Academic Resources
Here are some commonly asked for resources:
- Updates related to Fall 2021 Return To Campus: Academics
- Tips for succeeding in online classes through Academic Enrichment including free drop-in tutoring for some classes
- Academic Calendar – all the academic dates and deadlines
- Transfer Credit info – find out what you need to do to get credits approved for transfer
- Breadth requirements – for the 2021-2022 catalog year (you may need to search for your specific catalog year)
- Restricted Electives in Human Services – list of pre-approved options
- Student Life Virtual Hub – for all resources related to student life office including career services, counseling services and more
New students: Please do not make schedule changes without speaking with an advisor first, but you can find course options on the Course search page
Current students: As you are making class changes for fall, if you are not sure if a certain class will fulfill a specific requirement, go to UDSIS and find the “What If Report” on the drop-down menu. Then click Create New Report and scroll to the bottom where it says “What-If Course List.” You can select the course you want and enter a fictitious grade (ideally C- or better, which is what is needed for major and university breadth requirements). Hit submit request and find the course in the degree audit that populates. If you do not see the course under a specific requirement, it may not satisfy it. Email me if you need clarification or attend the drop in hours.
Anything else might be on our HDFS Advisement page. If you still cannot find the answer you are looking for, then please feel free to email HDFSemail@example.com or speak with an advisor as noted below.
- Drop-in Hours are Monday-Thursday from 11-1pm in 111 Alison Hall West. No appointment is needed.
- Appointments are available in-person in 111 Alison Hall West or virtually on Zoom.
How to Speak with an Advisor
There are three ways to speak with an advisor in HDFS:
- Drop in Advising
- This advising does not require advance planning or scheduling but is based on a first-come, first-serve premise and you may have to wait in the department office until an advisor is able to help you.
- Will be held on: Monday – Thursday from 11-1 pm in 111 Alison Hall West (fall 2021 hours)
- Additional times may be added during peak advising periods
- Join our Facebook Group: HDFS at UD, to learn more about availability including any cancelations we may have to make
- Virtual Appointments
- This requires you to request an appointment in advance.
- If your assigned advisor in UDSIS is Dr. Worden, Danielle Dolan or Becky Wilson, you can sign up for appointments through bluehensuccess.udel.edu.
- If you are assigned to the HDFS advisement center or another faculty member, please fill out the Appointment Request Form. Note that we cannot offer same day appointments through this scheduling format, so if you have a TRUE urgent question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be assigned a time to meet with an advisor either in-person or virtually, based on your preference. Please do not skip this appointment time and check your UD email daily for the zoom information.