Graduate Student Resources
The Department of Human Development and Family Sciences offers programs leading to the Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees, and a Master of Arts in Early Childhood Development and Programming. All HDFS graduate programs offer a strong interdisciplinary background in human development. To learn more about the programs please visit the Graduate Handbook.
- Advisor and Committee Selection
- Course Substitution
- Professional Development Award from OGPE
- Master’s Degree Proposal
- Master’s Degree Defense
- Ph.D. Candidacy Examination
- Ph.D. Dissertation Proposal
- Certification of Dissertation Defense
- Application for Advanced Degree
- HDFS Travel Award Request
- Leave of Absence Form
Timelines and deadlines for degree completion:
Helpful Resources for Graduate Students
- CEHD Tips for Degree Completion
- UDThesis Styles for Graduate Theses, Dissertations and Executive Position Papers: The UDThesis templates are designed to format theses, dissertations and executive positions papers according to the regulations specified by the University of Delaware Office of Graduate and Professional Studies. Templates are in Microsoft Word.
- APA Citations, Journal Articles and Using Databases: Hints on APA Style for HDFS Students and Using Databases.
- Additional information is available through the HDFS Research Guide at Morris Library