Human Development and Family Sciences
Dr. Valerie A Earnshaw
HIV/AIDS, LGBTQ+, Mental Illness, Stigma
HIV/AIDS, LGBTQ+, Mental illness, stigma
Mohammad Ebrahimzadeh Mousavi
Mohammad is currently a Ph.D. student in the Department of Human Development and Family Sciences at the University of Delaware and a Research Assistant in Dr. Valerie Earnshaw’s lab (Stigma & Health Inequities Lab). Broadly, Mohammad’s research interests are in stigma, with a specific focus on stigma regarding HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ+ community. Mohammad’s research focuses on three primary lines of scholarly work: 1) Longitudinal research regarding stigma 2) Developing interventions to address stigma 3) How patients with HIV/AIDS experience stigma in various settings. Mohammad has been working in this area directly with HIV-positive patients and people at risk, such as the LGBTQ+ community, since 2017. He has provided some research and services regarding HIV/AIDS, stigma, STIs, health inequity, LGBTQ+ community, HIV testing such as self-test, prevention tools (PrEP, condom, substance and alcohol abuse), intersectionality, De-stigmatization, medication and behavioral adherence, sex workers, and sexual orientation and gender identity. He collaborated with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the Sexual and Reproductive Health Branch, and UNAIDS. Mohammad comes to the University of Delaware with a Master of Sciences degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences. And Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
- “Effective Factors of Non-Adherence and Admission in Bipolar Disorder”, Paper Published in Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Journal, 2018.
- “Non-adherence Effective Factors in Bipolar Disorder with Previous Rehospitalization”, paper published in Practice in Clinical Psychology Journal, 2016.
- “Psychometric Properties of the Persian Version of the Emotion Regulation Checklist”, paper published in World Family Medicine/Middle east Journal of Family Medicine, 2018.
- “Role of Emotional Dysregulation and Childhood Trauma in Emotional Eating Behavior”, paper published in Practice in Clinical Psychology Journal, 2018.
- “Comorbidity of Eating Disorder and Body Dysmorphic Disorder Symptoms and their Correlation with Psychopathology”, paper published in Journal of Sabzevar University of Medical Sciences, 2018.
- “Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-5 Disorders SCID-5-RV (Research Version)”, Translated Book in Publishing Center of University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences, 2018
- “How was homosexuality eliminated from DSM, and now what is considered as a disorder in this category?”, oral presentation in the behavioral disease counseling center, world AIDS day, December 1-3, 2021
- “Impulsive behaviors and its relationship with prevention and control of risky sexual behaviors and HIV”, oral presentation in the behavioral disease counseling center, world AIDS day, December 1-3, 2019
- “New terminologies and definitions of sex, gender, and sexual orientation”, oral presentation in the behavioral disease counseling center, world AIDS day, December 1-3, 2018
- “Effectiveness of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Reducing Anxiety and Improving Quality of Life of Older Adults with Parkinson’s disease”, paper presented in Fourth International Conference on Recent innovations in Psychology, Counseling and Behavioral Sciences, July 18, 2017.
- Clinical psychologist of behavioral disease counseling center, Sexual and Reproductive Health Branch, June 2017 to August 2022 – Stigma, HIV/AIDS and STI’s, health inequity, sexual Impulses and prevention tools (PrEP, condom, substance and alcohol abuse), medication and behavioral adherence in HIV positive
- Clinical Psychologist in Private Clinic, Vira Clinic, Oct 2015 to August 2022
- Medical Free Service in Deprived Areas, University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Science, 2016 to August 2022, Coordinator of Psychological Section, psychological assessment, referring for free treatment or hospitalization
- Editorial Board of Clinical Psychology and Behavioral Science Section, Sep 2015 to Now, Journal of Sabzevar University of Medical Sciences, Journal of Birjand University of Medical Sciences
- Teaching Assistant, University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Science, Feb 2015 to Feb 2017, research methods, data analysis, psychological Assessment
- Psychologist in Children’s Center, Tehran, Iran, Oct 2010 – Sep 2012, Screening of Children’s and Adult’s Intelligence Performance, Intelligence Assessment by Wechsler Intelligence Scale, Stanford–Binet Intelligence Scales, and Woodcock–Johnson Tests of Cognitive Abilities
- Ranked 67th among 2,000 participates in nation-wide university entrance exam for graduate studies
- Ranked top 3nd during 3 years of M.S studies