Julie Mapes Wilgen Award in Human Sexuality & Gender Studies
The $1,000 award honors Dr. Wilgen’s lifelong work and dedication to the field of sexuality education and family studies. It recognizes outstanding achievement by an undergraduate or graduate student who has demonstrated a commitment to the field of human sexuality and gender studies and who has shown an appreciation for diversity and for the betterment of society. The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate or graduate student of any major at U.D.
- Has attended U.D. for at least 1 year
- Minimum G.P.A. of 3.4 as evidenced by a transcript
- Demonstrated commitment to study or engage in field of human sexuality & gender studies
- Demonstrated appreciation for diversity and the betterment of society
- 2-page essay by student addressing this demonstration of commitment and appreciation described above
- Current resume
- 2 letters of recommendation
Nominations for the award should be submitted by letter to the College of Education and Human Development Dean’s Office c/o Kristine Ritz-Coll, describing why the student qualifies under these criteria. Self nominations are acceptable.
The student is responsible for submitting an application packet consisting of: transcript, essay, resume, 2 letters of recommendation with recommenders’ contact information, and student contact information.
Deadline to Submit Applications: January 25 Annually
Send application packet to:
Kristine Ritz-Coll, Senior Assistant Dean
College of Education and Human Development
RE: Wilgen Award
106 Alison West
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716
email@example.com / 302-831-2396
Selections will be made by the College of Education and Human Development’s Curriculum Committee, with input from Dr. Wilgen. The recipient’s academic department and college will be notified, and the recipient will be honored during the spring semester by the University and the College of Education and Human Development. Please contact Kristine Ritz-Coll with questions.