Early Childhood Education
Clinical experiences, Co-teaching, Early childhood development
Lauren Stegeman is a Ph.D. student with a background in early childhood education. In 2015, she earned a Master’s degree from HDFS after completing the 4+1 B.S./M.S. in Early Childhood Development and Inclusive Education program. Lauren has built a strong research interest in early childhood teacher education. Lauren plans to teach in an undergraduate early childhood teacher education program and continue research. She is currently working on projects related to co-teaching during student teaching field experiences, and science curriculum and instruction in early childhood education.
- Stegeman, S. (December 2015). Preparing early field placement students to understand and promote early childhood social and emotional development through pre-session and post-session teaching team meetings (Master’s thesis). University of Delaware.
- Paris, C. & Stegeman, L. (March 10, 2016). Teaching Team Meetings as Sites for Developing Knowledge of Children’s Social and Emotional Development. 44th Annual National Coalition for Campus Children’s Centers (NCCCC) Conference. Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
- Gallo-Fox, J. & Stegeman, L. (June 6, 2016) Reflecting together in clinical field experiences: Does co-teaching afford opportunities to develop adaptive expertise, growth competence and collaborative practices? National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators Summer Conference. Baltimore, Maryland.
Honors and Awards
- Alice P. Eyman Professional Development Award, Human Development and Family Studies, 2016
- B.S., Early Childhood Education, University of Delaware, 2014
- M.S., Human Development and Family Studies, University of Delaware, 2015