Master’s Degree in Couple and Family Therapy at TJU
University of Delaware and Thomas Jefferson University partnership
Students interested in pursuing a career in Couple and Family Therapy can now receive an undergraduate degree in Human Services at UD and qualify for admission to a Master’s degree program at Thomas Jefferson University. Human Services majors who earn an overall GPA of 3.25 can apply for the Master’s in Couple and Family Therapy at the end of their junior year.
The University of Delaware and Thomas Jefferson University (TJU) College of Health Professions have established an articulation agreement that will allow graduates of the Human Services program to transition into a Master’s degree in Couple and Family Therapy. Students who are accepted to the program will begin master’s level coursework in Philadelphia, PA upon completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services and prerequisite coursework at the University of Delaware.
TJU’s Master’s in Couple and Family Therapy is a full-time, two-year program that provides 500 hours of direct clinical experience. Students select from two specialty tracks: sex therapy and family therapy.
- Apply during spring semester junior year or after completing 75 credits at UD
- Application should be received at the end of spring semester at least 14 months prior to desired start term
- Overall GPA of at least 3.25 (at the end of fall semester Junior year)
- Good standing at UD
- Pass a criminal background check and child abuse clearance
Prerequisite Course Requirements (must earn a “B” or higher to gain credit at TJU):
- PSYC 100: General Psychology
- PSYC 334: Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 209: Measurement and Statistics
For more information:
Thomas Jefferson University
Jefferson College of Health Professions
Department of Couple and Family Therapy
(215) 382-6682 ext. 3120