Expected Graduation: 2021
Specialization(s):Community based non-profits
Research Interest(s)Class, Criminal justice, Fatherhood, Pre-school to prison pipeline, Race and gender, Religious studies, Social justice
- Robin Palkovitz
Onesimus Al-Amin is a new Ph.D. student in HDFS who is originally from Clearwater, Florida. In May 2016, he graduated cum laude from the University of New Mexico where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Family Studies with a minor in Religious Studies. Onesimus is a McNair Scholar with an interest in the impact of fatherhood involvement on interrupting the pre-school-to-prison pipeline.
- Al-Amin, Onesimus. (October 2015). The Pre-school-to-Prison Pipeline: Sentencing Disparities. McNair Scholar, University of New Mexico.
- Al-Amin, Onesimus. “School-to-Prison Pipeline.” Transformar Fellowship research with Men of Color Initative, University of New Mexico.
- Graduate Assistant, New Directions Early Head Start, University of Delaware, 2016
- Success/Academic Coach, Lobos Unidos (El Centro), University of New Mexico
- Summer Scholar Peer Counselor, African-American Student Services, University of New Mexico
Honors & Awards
- Graduated cum laude from University of New Mexico, 2016
- McNair Scholar, University of New Mexico
- Transformar Fellow, El Centro de la Raza, University of New Mexico
- B.A. Sociology and Family Studies, University of New Mexico, 2016