Early Childhood Development, Early Childhood Education
Professional development, Teacher training
Di is a Ph.D. student in HDFS with an interest in early childhood education. Her particular research interests are early childhood teachers’ professional development and children’s play. Di had some practical experiences in both Chinese and American pre-school and daycare centers with children. During working with teachers and children in different cultures, she finds it important to understand the cultural contexts of early childhood care and education before judging what the best practice is, and advocating the best child care practice. Di plans to apply her education and research experiences from the U.S. to early childhood education and children development contexts in China.
- Using Secondary Data to Explore the Growth of Child Care Providers’ and Administrators’ Curriculum Knowledge in A Professional Development Training (2015-2017).
- A Pilot Study of Exploring Chinese Adults’ Perceptions of Children’s Play (2017).
- Liu, Di. (2015). “Exploring Child Care Providers and Administrators’ Learning Outcomes in a Professional Development Curriculum Training (Master’s Thesis). University of Delaware.
- Liu, D., & Han, M. (2017). Exploring Chinese Young adults’ perceptions of children’s play using a mixed methods design. Presented at the 44th Annual International Conference: The Association for the Study of Play (TASP). Melbourne, FL.
- Liu, D. (2017). Literature Review of Chinese Adults’ Perceptions of Children’s Play. Presented at the 43rd Annual International Conference: The Association for the Study of Play (TASP). Rochester, NY.
- Liu, D. (2017). Comparing Developmentally Appropriate Practice (U.S.) and Guidelines for Learning and Development for 3- to 6-year-old Children (China). Gong Yuanxiang Kindergarten. China, Jiangsu Province: Xuzhou.
- Graduate Research Assistant, The Professional Development Department at the Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood, University of Delaware, 2017
- Intern, Gong Yuanxiang Kindergarten, China: Xuzhou, March-May, 2013; May-June, 2015; June, 2017
- Curriculum Reviewer of Forming Good Habits in Childhood (preschool version), Jiangsu Normal University, China, 2016
- Graduate Research Assistant, Family Child Care Project, Human Development and Family Studies, University of Delaware, 2015-2016
- Intern, St. Mark’s Preschool, Bloomington, IN, 2015
Honors and Awards
- Student Travel Grant, The Association for the Study of Play (TASP)’s 44th Annual International Conference, 2018
- M.Ed., Early Childhood Education and Instruction, Indiana University at Bloomington, 2015
- B.A., Chinese Language and Literature, Nanjing Normal University, China, 2012