Expected Graduation: 2020
Specialization(s):Early Childhood Education
Research Interest(s)Inclusion, Professional development
- Martha Buell
Danielle has been in the field of early childhood education for 10 years. Danielle worked for 8 years in childcare programs in central and lower Delaware, and spent one year working as a home visitor with children who have disabilities before enrolling to complete her masters and PhD. She is currently enrolled in the concurrent masters/PhD program and works as a graduate assistant for the professional development division of the Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood. Danielle is very interested in research. Her current research interests are centered around professional development and the promotion of inclusion.
Analysis and Comparison of Provider Perspectives Following Training Focused on Supporting the Inclusion of Children with Disabilities in Childcare Programs
- Buell, M., Savage, S., Tonyan, H., Bloom, D., & Riser, D. (July, 2016). Professional development interests of family childcare providers: A two state comparison. Poster session presented at the Administration for Children and Families’ National Research Conference on Early Childhood, Washington, DC.
- Buell, M., & Riser, D. (June, 2016). Understanding the professional development and training needs and preferences of school age care providers. Poster session presented at the National Association for Education in Early Childhood’s Professional Development Institute, Baltimore, MD.
- Graduate Assistant, Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood’s Professional Development, 2015-present
- Early Intervention Home Visitor, Sensible Opportunities and Solutions, 2014-2015
- Assistant Teacher, Delaware State University Lab School, 2014
- Teacher Candidate, Lake Forest School District, 2013
- B.S., Early Childhood Education, Delaware State University, 2013
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Council for Exceptional Children: Division of Early Childhood